At Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, we always have your bulk topsoil for pick-up or delivery, including garden soil. We also carry mushroom compost and soil blends for specific needs.
If you plan to pick up your material, remember that one cubic yard of topsoil (27 cubic feet) weighs about one ton (2,000 pounds); you’ll want to be sure your vehicle or trailer can handle that weight. To allow for tractor loading, the truck or trailer also should not have a cap or a rack. (Please note that Tim Wallace Landscape Supply & Nursery is not responsible for damage to a vehicle during loading or unloading.)
If you would like topsoil delivery in our service region, we can bring up to 14 cubic yards to your residence (two-cubic yard minimum). Deliveries of mushroom compost or soil blends are likewise from two to 14 cubic yards. We will deliver the material right to your driveway. Call in the morning for same-day delivery! More about our delivery service
Certain products are available in bags or through our BUCKET PROGRAM at our Bolingbrook Garden Center as noted below.
Topsoil – also called black dirt – is pulverized and stored at our facilities. We keep it dry and ready for your landscape project.
Organic Soil: This by-product from our Bolingbrook production facility consists of compost and a mulch blend.
Organic Mushroom Compost: Our mixture combines composted straw, horse manure and peat.
Organic Compost: Our by-product of recycled organic material such as leaves, vegetable scraps and small twigs turns into a rich soil amendment gardeners call Black Gold.
Purple Cow Classic Compost: Purple Cow Classic assists in soil aggregation and makes nutrients more available for the plant. This 100% plant-based and organic product is OMRI Listed for organic production.
Compost adds organic matter and nutrients to your soil and helps break up clay soil structure. It is the best amendment for vegetable gardens.
For Your Convenience
Peat moss is available in 2.2 cubic-foot bales at the Bolingbrook Garden Center.
Composted Horse Manure: Aged and turned regularly, ours is ideal for vegetable gardens.
A blend of 50% topsoil and 50% fine sand, topdressing mix is the go-to choice for lawn renovation. We also carry grass seed!
TIM’S ORIGINAL GARDEN MIX
Garden mix is a blend of 50% topsoil, 25% mushroom compost and 25% fine sand. This blend is used for amending planting beds and vegetable gardens and filling planters/beds.
Some Garden soils are available in bags at the Bolingbrook Garden Center!
- Flower & vegetable garden soil with slow-release fertilizer 14-14-14 (one cubic-foot bags)
- Tree & shrub garden soil with slow-release fertilizer 12-10-7 (one cubic-foot bags)
Potting soil for indoor and outdoor containers is also available in bags at our Bolingbrook location.
SPECIALTY SOIL BLENDS*
We mix specialty soil blends onsite at our Bolingbrook Garden Center. Have us produce soil blends to your specifications or choose from one of our own blends below.
- Enriched Topsoil Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% organic mushroom compost
- Landscaping Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% organic compost
- Lawn Repair Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% fine sand, 25% mushroom compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% organic soil
- Planting Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% organic compost, 25% organic soil
- Raised Bed Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% course sand, 25% organic compost
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% composted horse manure
- Perennial Garden Mix: 50% pine bark fines, 50% organic compost
- Premium Garden Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% fine sand
- * Only Garden Mix and Raised Bed Mix are readily available through our “Bucket Program”. All other specialty Soil Blends are made on order and only by the cubic yard.
* Pick-up: minimum one cubic yard; delivery: minimum two cubic yards