At Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, we always have your bulk topsoil for pick-up or delivery, including garden soil. We also carry mushroom compost and soil blends for specific needs.
If you plan to pick up your material, remember that one cubic yard of topsoil (27 cubic feet) weighs about one ton (2,000 pounds); you’ll want to be sure your vehicle or trailer can handle that weight. To allow for tractor loading, the truck or trailer also should not have a cap or a rack. (Please note that Tim Wallace Landscape Supply & Nursery is not responsible for damage to a vehicle during loading or unloading.)
If you would like topsoil delivery in our service region, we can bring up to 12 cubic yards to your residence (two-cubic yard minimum). Deliveries of compost or soil blends are likewise from 2 to 12 cubic yards. We will deliver the material right to your driveway. Call in the morning for same-day delivery! More about our delivery service
Most all of our products are only available in bulk. All Composts, Garden Mix, Raised Bed Mix and Topdressing are available through our BUCKET PROGRAM at our Bolingbrook Garden Center as noted below.
Topsoil – also called black dirt – is pulverized and stored at our facilities. We keep it dry and ready for your landscape project. (Minimum for machine loading is 1/2 cubic yard )
Organic Mushroom Compost: Our mixture combines composted straw, horse manure and peat.
Organic Compost: A by-product of recycled organic material such as leaves, vegetable scraps and small twigs turns into a rich soil amendment gardeners call “Black Gold”.
Purple Cow Classic Compost: Purple Cow Classic assists in soil aggregation and makes nutrients more available for the plant. This 100% plant-based and organic product is OMRI Listed for organic production. Seed, manure and weed free.
Compost adds organic matter and nutrients to your soil and helps break up clay soil structure. It is the best amendment for vegetable gardens.
For Your Convenience
Peat moss is available in 2.2 cubic-foot bales at the Bolingbrook Garden Center. (Currently out of stock)
Composted Horse Manure: Aged and turned regularly, ideal for vegetable gardens.
Some Garden soils are available in bags at the Bolingbrook Garden Center!
- Flower & vegetable garden soil with slow-release fertilizer 14-14-14 (one cubic-foot bags) *
- Tree & shrub garden soil with slow-release fertilizer 12-10-7 (one cubic-foot bags) *
Potting soil for indoor and outdoor containers is also available in bags at our Bolingbrook location.*
* Currently out of stock.
SPECIALTY SOIL BLENDS*
We mix specialty soil blends onsite at our Bolingbrook Garden Center. Have us produce soil blends to your specifications or choose from one of our own blends below.
Mix and Till Garden Soil Amendments
Our Mix & Till compost and sand amendments are ideal for gardeners who have an ample amount of good black dirt and want to replenish and reinvigorate their garden’s soil. These products perform best when roto-tilled or hand-blended into the existing soil. Each mix is a blend of your choice of compost and your choice of sand – coarse or fine (depending on which type of garden you have) mixed at a 50% / 50% ratio of compost and sand. Call us for more information and to schedule your delivery.
Each soil mix is taken through our 4-step blending process:
Step One: All required materials are gathered from their enclosed, covered storage bins
Step Two: The materials are then piled atop of each other in our mixing bin, and turned over several times using an end-loader
Step Three: Once blended, the soil mix is mechanically processed in our diesel-powered pulverizer
Step Four: A conveyor belt attached to the pulverizer moves the blended product up where it drops the finished soil mix into the bed of the delivery truck
Our recommendations for different soil applications are:
Soil Mixes for the Lawn:
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix
- Topdressing Mix
- Mushroom Compost (as a topdressing)
- Lawn Repair Mix
- Premium Topsoil Mix
- Enriched Topsoil Mix
- PRO-SERIES* Topdressing Mix
- PRO-SERIES* Lawn Repair Mix
Soil Mixes for the Vegetable Garden:
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix
- Raised Bed Mix (if you have an above the ground garden bed, this is the best option for you)
- Premium Raised Bed Mix (super-charged with Purple Cow Compost)
- Premium Garden Mix
- Premium Compost Mix or a Mix & Till Blend (if you already have a sufficient amount of good, black dirt)
Soil Mixes for the Flower and Perennial Garden:
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix
- Perennial Garden Mix
Soil Mixes for Trees and Shrubs:
- Landscape Planting Mix
Our soil mixes are blended to the proper ratios of materials –
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% fine sand, 25% organic compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% organic mushroom compost
- Landscape Planting Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% organic compost
- Lawn Repair Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% fine sand, 25% Purple Cow Compost
- Topdressing Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% fine sand
- Raised Bed Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% course sand, 25% organic compost
- Premium Raised Bed Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% course sand, 25% Purple Cow Classic Compost
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix: 50% topsoil, 50% composted horse manure
- Perennial Garden Mix: 50% pine bark fines, 50% organic compost
- Premium Compost Mix: 50% mushroom compost, 50% organic compost
- Premium Garden Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% fine sand
- Premium Topsoil Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine sand
- PRO-SERIES Topdressing Mix: 50% topsoil, 50%fine sand, 40# PennMulch
- PRO-SERIES Lawn Repair Mix: 50% topsoil, 25% fine sand, 25% Purple Cow Compost and 40# PennMulch
- Mix & Till Blends: Your choice of compost and sand at a 50/50 ratio
- * Only Composts, Garden Mix, Topdressing and Raised Bed Mix are readily available through our “Bucket Program”. All other specialty Soil Blends are made on order and only by the cubic yard.
- FYI: Coarse sand in our Soil Blends helps keep soil loose and well-drained, whereas fine sand keeps soil loose and retains moisture.
* Pick-up: minimum one cubic yard; delivery: minimum two cubic yards