If you maintain a garden or a landscape in Joliet, much of your success depends on having the right kind of soil. Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, provides the range of soil you need for optimal growth and appearance.
We screen and pulverize bulk soil onsite. You can choose from one of our prepared soil blends or request your own custom mix – just let us know! You also can either pick up your soil or request soil delivery.
For soil pick-up, simply order at least one cubic yard. For soil delivery, order at least two cubic yards (up to 14).
Joliet IL Soil Supply
With so many of our own blends ready to go, we might already have the landscape or garden soil you’re looking for.
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscape Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Purple Cow Compost
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Lawn Repair Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
If you’d like to learn more about our pre-formulated landscape and garden soil, visit our Supply Yard and Garden Center or give us a call at (630) 759-5552.
Joliet IL Bulk Topsoil (Inc. Delivery)
For projects that need black dirt, we screen and pulverize bulk topsoil. We also keep it dry in storage. You can pick up your bulk topsoil from our Supply Yard and Garden Center or arrange delivery priced by the yard.
Joliet IL Organic Material
Compost contributes to your garden and landscape by adding organic matter and nutrients to your soil. If you’re working on a vegetable garden, compost is a great amendment for it.
Select from our different types of organic material:
- Organic Mushroom Compost Composted straw, horse manure and peat
- Organic Compost Recycled organic material such as leaves, vegetable scraps and small twigs turned into a rich soil amendment (Black Gold)
- Purple Cow Classic Compost 100% finely screened plant materials free of manure, pathogens and weed seeds
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned to make it superb for vegetable gardens
Joliet Landscaping and Garden Soil – Get Started Today
Our supply experts always look forward to helping you identify the perfect landscaping soil or garden soil for what you wish to plant. Visit our facility or call us at (630) 759-5552 anytime. Also let us know if you ever need to buy topsoil in bulk (as well as have it delivered)!
The next time you’re preparing to plant, dig up a scoop of your soil and consider its texture. Is it dense and heavy, or loose and free? All soils are a mixture of mineral particles, mainly clay, sand and silt. Different soil types will usually contain more of one particle than others. This allocation determines each type’s density, drainage rate and ability to hold nutrients.
Here’s a quick rundown of main soil types:
- Clay Tiny, dense particles hold large reserves of moisture and nutrients. Clay soil also drains slowly; it can harden and become compacted when dry.
- Sandy Large particles allow water and important nutrients to pass through with ease.
- Silts Fine particles pack together tightly, which can inhibit drainage and circulation of air.
- Loam A balance of all three mineral particles, it is rich in humus (what’s left after organic matter decomposes). Loam is the ideal soil for most plants.
Our garden supply experts can further discuss the right soil type for your project with you. Visit our facility or give us a call at (630) 759-5552!