Landscape soil and garden soil are integral to the beauty and health of your property in Downers Grove. Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, provides the range of choices you need for your project.
We screen and pulverize bulk soil onsite. Choose from one of our pre-formulated soil blends or let us know the custom mix you’d like made to your specifications. You also can either pick up your soil or request our soil delivery.
- Soil pick-up: one cubic yard
- Soil delivery: two cubic yards (up to 14 yards per truck)
Soil Suppliers Serving Downers Grove, IL
It’s possible that one of our pre-formulated landscape and garden soil blends is exactly what you need. Your many choices include:
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscaping Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Soil
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Organic Soil
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
To learn more about the right soil for you, simply visit our Supply Yard and Garden Center or give us a call at (630) 963-1159.
Bulk Topsoil Plus Delivery for Downers Grove, IL
In addition to offering landscape and garden soil, we screen and pulverize bulk topsoil (black dirt). We also store it and keep it dry for your project.
You can pick up bulk topsoil or request delivery priced by the yard. For more information on delivered pricing of topsoil, call (630) 963-1159.
Organics for Downers Grove, IL
Compost adds organic matter and nutrients to your soil. It also helps break up clay soil structure. If you’re developing a vegetable garden, it is the best amendment for it.
Your choices of organic material include:
- Purple Cow Classic Compost 100% finely screened plant materials (leaves, sticks and branches) free of manure, weed seeds and pathogens
- Organic Mushroom Compost Composted straw, horse manure and peat
- Organic Compost Recycled organic material (leaves, vegetable scraps, small twigs) turned into a rich soil amendment also known as Black Gold
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned regularly; ideal for vegetable gardens
Downers Grove Landscaping and Garden Soil – Let’s Get Started!
To further discuss the optimal landscaping soil or garden soil for your project, visit our Supply Yard and Garden Center or call us at (630) 963-1159. Also be sure to ask about having your bulk topsoil or soil mix delivered if that will save you effort and time.
Proper soil is vital to your garden, and different plants will do better in different kinds of soil. Soil problems that can affect your garden include:
- Type The texture and composition should favor plant development. If the soil has too much clay, it won’t drain properly. If it is too sandy, it will often drain water before it reaches roots.
- Nutrition The soil gives plants all of their nutrients. If the soil they are in is lacking the right ones, you’ll want to adjust the soil type or add the needed amendments.
- pH Soil that is either too acidic or too alkaline may be problematic for some plants. Even though many plants can tolerate a range of pH levels, you still want your soil to be conducive to growth.
Our garden professionals can answer your questions about choosing the right soil for the garden you desire. Visit us or give us a call at (630) 963-1159.