When you’re working on your garden and landscape in Glen Ellyn, having the proper soil means a lot to your project’s success.
Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, carries the bulk soil choices you need for different landscapes and gardens. Choose from one of our pre-formulated soil blends or have us make a custom mix to your specifications.
You can also either pick up your soil (min. one cubic yard) or request our soil delivery service (min. two cubic yards, up to 14 per truck).
Landscape, Garden Soil / Glen Ellyn, IL
Our pre-formulated soil blends include:
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscape Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Purple Cow Compost
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Lawn Repair Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
If you don’t already know the soil blend you need for your project, simply ask one of our specialists. We’ll be glad to assist you!
Bulk Topsoil Including Delivery / Glen Ellyn, IL
Should you need black dirt, we screen, pulverize and store our own. We also keep it dry and ready for you.
Our bulk topsoil for Glen Ellyn is available for pick-up, or you can request delivery priced by the yard. For more information, call (630) 759-5552.
Organics / Glen Ellyn, IL
Compost enhances your soil by adding organic matter and nutrients. It helps break up clay soil structure as well. These characteristics make compost a particularly superb amendment for vegetable gardens.
When your garden or landscape project requires organic material, we offer several excellent choices:
- Purple Cow Classic Compost: Finely screened plant materials (leaves, sticks and branches) free of manure, weed seeds and pathogens
- Organic Mushroom Compost: Combination of composted straw, horse manure and peat
- Organic Compost: Recycled organic material such as leaves, vegetable scraps and small twigs in a rich soil amendment also known as Black Gold
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned regularly
Glen Ellyn Landscaping Soil – Let’s Get Started
Our professionals are here to support you with the materials and suggestions for making your Glen Ellyn garden or landscape what you want it to be. To further discuss the right soil for your goals, visit our Supply Yard and Garden Center or call us at (630) 759-5552.
Soil is vital to the beauty and health of your garden. Soil problems that can affect your garden include:
- Type The soil texture and composition should favor plant development. If the soil has too much clay, it may not drain properly. If the soil includes too much sand, it will often drain water before it reaches roots.
- Nutrition Plants receive their nutrients from the soil. If it is lacking the right ones, you’ll want to adjust the soil type or add the needed amendments.
- pH Soil that is either too acidic or too alkaline can become problematic for some plants. Even though many plants can tolerate a range of pH levels, the soil should be optimal for growth.
Visit our facility or call us at (630) 759-5552 to learn more about soil types and characteristics.