If you live in Lockport and maintain a garden or landscape, much of your success with it depends on the right kind of soil. Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, provides the soil choices for supporting the results you desire.
We screen and pulverize bulk soil onsite. You can choose from one of our prepared blends or request a custom mix based on specs you give us.
You also can either pick up your soil or request soil delivery. For soil pick-up, simply order at least one cubic yard. For soil delivery, order at least two cubic yards (up to 14).
Lockport IL Soil Supply
With so many pre-formulated blends ready to go, we may already have the landscape or garden soil you’re looking for.
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscape Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Purple Cow Compost
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Lawn Repair Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
Lockport IL Bulk Topsoil and Delivery
For projects requiring black dirt, we screen, pulverize and dry-store bulk topsoil. You can pick up your material from our Supply Yard and Garden Center or arrange delivery priced by the yard. Stop in at our facility or call (630) 759-5552 for details.
Lockport IL Organic Material
Compost contributes to Lockport gardens and landscapes by adding organic matter and nutrients to the soil. If you’re working on a vegetable garden, compost provides a superb amendment.
Our selection of organic material for your garden includes:
- Organic Mushroom Compost Composted straw, horse manure and peat
- Organic Compost Recycled leaves, vegetable scraps and small twigs turned into a rich soil amendment (Black Gold)
- Purple Cow Classic Compost Finely screened plant materials free of manure, weed seeds and pathogens
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned to make it especially useful for vegetable gardens
Lockport Landscaping and Garden Soil – Let’s Connect!
Our supply experts always welcome the opportunity to learn about your garden or landscape project and help you pick the perfect soil. Visit our facility or call us at (630) 759-5552. Also be sure to let us know when you need to buy topsoil in bulk (as well as have it delivered)!
The next time you’re ready to plant, scoop up some of your soil and consider its texture. Is it dense and heavy, or loose and free?
All soils are a mixture of minerals, mainly clay, sand and silt. Different soil types will often contain more of one mineral than others. This determines each type’s density, drainage rate and nutrient retention.
Main soil types include:
- Clay Tiny, dense particles hold large reserves of moisture and nutrients. Clay soil also drains slowly; when dry, it can harden and become compacted.
- Sandy Large particles allow easy passage of water and important nutrients.
- Silts Fine particles pack together tightly, which can interfere with drainage and circulation of air.
- Loam A balance of clay, sand and silt, it is rich in humus (the residue of the organic matter’s decomposition). Loam is the ideal soil for most plants.
Visit our facility or give us a call at (630) 759-5552 to further discuss the right soil type for your garden.