Are you working on a garden or landscape in Minooka? Much of the success of your project will depend on having the right kind of soil.
Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, provides the range of soil you need for optimal growth and appearance. We screen and pulverize bulk soil onsite. You can choose from one of our prepared soil blends or request your own custom mix – just let us know! You can also either pick up your soil or request soil delivery.
(If you’ll be picking up your soil, the minimum order is one cubic yard. For soil delivery, please order at least two cubic yards – each of our trucks can hold up to 14.)
Soil/Topsoil Suppliers for Minooka (IL)
With so many pre-formulated blends ready to go, we might already have what you need for your landscape or garden soil:
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscape Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Purple Cow Compost
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Lawn Repair Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
We’ll be glad to discuss any of our pre-formulated landscape and garden soils with you. Simply visit our Supply Yard and Garden Center or give us a call at (815) 725-3953.
For Minooka projects that need black dirt, we also screen and pulverize bulk topsoil and keep it dry in storage. You can pick up your bulk topsoil from our facility or arrange for delivery priced by the yard.
Compost/Organic Material for Minooka (IL)
Compost contributes to your project’s beauty and health by adding organic matter and nutrients to the soil. If you’re working on a vegetable garden, compost is an excellent amendment.
We offer different types of organic material depending on what will best serve your Minooka garden or landscape:
- Organic Compost Recycled organic material (leaves, vegetable scraps, small twigs) turned into a rich soil amendment also called Black Gold
- Organic Mushroom Compost Composted straw, horse manure, peat
- Purple Cow Classic Compost Finely screened plant materials free of manure, weed seeds and pathogens
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned regularly to make it ideal for vegetable gardens
Minooka Landscape and Garden Soil: Contact Us
Our supply experts can help you identify the perfect landscaping soil or garden soil for what you wish to plant. To speak with one of our professionals, visit our facility or call us at (815) 725-3953. Also let us know if you ever need bulk topsoil bulk (including topsoil delivery)!
The next time you’re preparing to plant, dig up a scoop of your soil and consider its texture. Is it dense and heavy, or loose and free? All soils are a mixture of mineral particles, mainly clay, sand and silt. Different soil types will usually contain more of one particle than others. This allocation determines each type’s density, drainage rate and ability to hold nutrients.
To improve the structure of your soil, add the right amount of organic matter. You might also build a raised garden bed filled with a good balance of soil mix.
Our supply experts can further discuss gardening soils and techniques with you. Visit our facility or give us a call at (815) 725-3953!