If you live or work in Homer Glen and maintain a garden or landscape, how well it flourishes depends on the soil. If the soil does not include the right characteristics, your project can struggle and your goals can seem more challenging.
Soil Mix Supply, a division of Tim Wallace Landscape Supply, offers the guidance and material you need for the garden or landscape you desire.
We mix our own bulk soil onsite. You can either choose from our prepared soil blends or have us make a custom mix to your specifications (we mix it while you wait).
You can also pick up your soil (min. one cubic yard) or request soil delivery (min. two cubic yards up to 14).
Garden & Landscape Soil Homer Glen
When you’re planning or building a garden or landscape in Homer Glen, sometimes it helps to have access to knowledgeable people. Our supply and garden consultants can support you in achieving the ideal results.
That includes identifying the correct soil blend. After you discuss your project with us, together we may determine that one of our pre-formulated soil blends is just what you need.
- Premium Compost Mix 50% Mushroom Compost, 50% Organic Compost
- Enriched Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Mushroom Compost
- Landscape Planting Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Organic Compost
- Premium Topsoil Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Purple Cow Compost
- Premium Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Purple Cow Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Perennial Garden Mix 50% Pine Bark Fines, 50% Organic Compost
- Raised Bed Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Coarse Sand, 25% Organic Compost
- Tim’s Original Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Organic Compost, 25% Fine Sand
- Enriched Vegetable Garden Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Composted Horse Manure
- Topdressing Mix 50% Topsoil, 50% Fine Sand
- Lawn Repair Mix 50% Topsoil, 25% Mushroom Compost, 25% Fine Sand
We welcome you to share more about your goals for your Homer Glen garden or landscape. Stop by our facility or give us a call at (630) 759-5552.
Bulk Topsoil, Topsoil Delivery for Homer Glen
Perhaps your project requires black dirt. As a leading local topsoil supplier, we screen, pulverize and dry-store bulk topsoil. Just let us know how much you need!
You can either pick up your bulk topsoil or arrange delivery priced by the yard.
Organic Material for Homer Glen
Compost adds organic matter and nutrients to soil for a healthier garden or landscape. It also helps improve soil structure and prevent erosion. The properties of compost make it an excellent amendment for vegetable gardens.
Select from four different types of organic material based on what you need:
- Organic Mushroom Compost Composted straw, horse manure, peat
- Organic Compost Recycled organic material turned into a rich soil amendment also known as Black Gold
- Purple Cow Classic Compost 100% finely screened plant materials (no manure, weed seeds or pathogens)
- Composted Horse Manure Aged and turned regularly for vegetable gardens
(For your convenience, peat moss is available in 2.2 cubic-foot bales at our Supply Yard and Garden Center as well.)
Homer Glen IL Landscaping and Garden Soil – Ready to Assist
With the right ideas and materials, you can make your garden or landscape as lush as you’d like it to be. Connect with a Tim Wallace supply expert to discuss soil types as well as gardening/landscaping tips. Visit our facility or call (630) 759-5552!
Also let us know if you ever need to buy topsoil in bulk (including delivery).
Proper soil matters to what you are planting. Soil factors that can affect your garden include soil type, nutrition and pH level.
The next time you are planting, dig up a scoop of your soil and consider its texture. Is it free and loose, or heavy and dense? All soils are a mixture of mineral particles, mainly clay, sand and silt. Different soil types will typically contain a greater amount of one particle. This allocation determines each type’s density, drainage rate and retention of nutrients.
To enhance your soil’s structure, add the right amount of organic matter. You might also build a raised garden bed filled with a balanced soil mix.
We’ll be glad to further discuss types and properties of soil with you. Stop in at our garden center or give us a call at (630) 759-5552.